giovedì 15 maggio 2008

ICC

I just completed the ICC questionnaire and I have to say that some questions where difficult to answer. My personal experience is something very personal and sometimes it is difficult to see and judge what has changed. We are always evaluated by teachers and doing a self-assessment was hard.However I think that answering helped me reflect on this year's experience and on my knowledge in general.
This year I realised that our point of view is not always the one and only. Sometimes we think that the way we see the world and the things around us is natural and right. But in a world that is changing more and more, where sometimes boundaries make no sense, it is necessary to get a different perspective. What is more, we are studying languages and it is fundamental to gain intercultural competences and be open-minded. It is also interesting and funny to see how people from other countries look at your own's and sometimes this make you reconsider your thoughts about certain matters.
My answers to the ICC are all positive and this reflects the usfulness of this year's experience. All the things we did and learnt helped me enlarge my views, know more in depth American culture and realise the all the differences there are in the world make it so beautiful and intersting. The key is to accept all the shades and all possibilities you are offered when you get in touch with "the other", and to change ideas on all the things you took for granted.

Nessun commento: