martedì 13 novembre 2007

It's Del.icio.us!



Social bookmarking? Before last wednesday I didn't know that bookmarking could be social. What does it mean? Well, you can share all your favourite sites with the rest of the world and anyone can see what yours are. By putting a brief description of the site you chose you can let everybody know what it is about and in this way, when you check other people's choices, you know which are worth visiting and which are not. Are you looking for a website that talks about environment, for example? You put "environment" as tag word and you'll see a list of the most clicked sites about this matter. One may ask what's the difference between "Del.icio.us" and "Google". The answer is simple: the first one gives you a list of sites that are of some interest because someone chose them and decided to share them with other people, whereas searching through the list provided by Google you could waste a lot of time before finding something useful. With del.icio.us you can take advantage of other people's experience and optimize the time you spend on the net.


I visited the sites the other members of my group put on Del.icio.us and I found some interesting and useful things for us who are studying English. I really liked "World English" posted by Elena and Marta and I have to say that I lost myself exploring it. It is full of useful things like readings, grammar exercises and tests, vocabulary activities and also puzzles and quizzes. The "Classic short stories" posted by Martina is so nice! There is a very large number of stories written by the most famous authors all around the world but they are written in English, of course. I really enjoyed searching through them and printing those I liked the most. Then I visited "Study abroad programs" posted by Sara because my dream is to go abroad and spend there a lot of time to study English (the first of my "Top places list" is the United States).

All things considered I think that social bookmarking is a very useful tool for my activities on the net because it speeds up my searches and I can use it also when I'm not at home in front of my computer and I have to use a public workspace.

Nessun commento: